Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Blogging - Sadly, not for my class

Now that I am officially enrolled in this course, I need to catch up on my blogging!

Richardson's discussion of how prevalent technology is and can be in education was interesting. Although I consider myself relatively advanced with my use in technology, I do tend to pick a few tools that I like and stick with them. This allows me to use these tools to their full potential, but sometimes I forget to stay current on what new tools are coming out and give them a chance.

This year I did decide to try blogging with my students, and quite honestly I decided I did not like it. However, this is not blogging's fault ;) I teach introductory French, and to have students who are barely learning to string sentences together blog with one another in the target language was just a goal that was just a tad out of reach this time around. I tried one in English in response to a video we watched in class, but that seemed a little superficial for middle school/high school students. I may have them blog more in-depth in English about some culture-related topics in the future. We shall see!

Feel free to click here and see the blog I tried (and abandoned) with my students. If you have any suggestions for salvaging the idea, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. I say keep it up. I see plenty of comments. Even if the students respond in English, they are seeing your text in francais. How about tweeting with some French classes in Canada or France? I tweet with numerous French Canadians and some French educators. You can try tweeting with some French teachers yourself to get the hang of it. Also, if you have Skype or Google Hangouts or even Facetime, you should hook up with some French teachers. I will send along another post with some French teachers to connect with.

    ReplyDelete