Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I can't believe that RSS really stands for "Really Simple Sindication"

I literally thought Judy was joking when she said what it stood for ;)

Acronyms aside, I had previously considered myself a "pro" at all things Google, and I must sheepishly admit that I had never even heard of Google Reader, nor did I know that there were tools out there that sent information to you. The only similar concept I had experienced were those annoying e-mails you get from websites that had asked for your e-mail address if you had clicked "continue" too fast before you realized you hadn't unchecked the box that said "I would like to get e-mail updates about news and special offers." Therefore, clearly, I had never considered it an asset to "subscribe" to something for updates until now! (Except Groupon - Groupon is awesome)

I excitedly told my husband about it, and to make myself feel even more out-of-the-loop, he already knew about it and used it regularly. His favorite blog, Barstool Sports, comes regularly into his Google Reader, and half the time if I hear him laughing from another room, it's because he's catching up on its latest updates. (BE CAREFUL if you choose to check out that particular blog - highly inappropriate and NOT safe for kids!!! I purposely chose NOT to include a hyperlink).

I have now subscribed to several blogs, including my colleague's blog "Little Bytes" that I included in a previous blog post. Now the next step is remembering to check for what's new!

No comments:

Post a Comment