Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Farm Animoto - great idea!

I have been looking at Animotos made by pre-school or young elementary school teachers because they are usually used to introduce basic vocabulary words. Although my students are middle & high schoolers, I introduce basic vocab in a very similar way. When I checked out Nolia's Blog, however, she had something different that I also want to use. She created an Animoto about a class trip to the farm. I think this would be great for the upcoming field trip I will take with my students to Quebec. Parents send their kids on these immersion experiences, and I'm sure they hear some stories from their kids, but as we all know, teenagers don't tend to "gush" to their parents about all the cool experiences they had. Putting together a short Animoto with pictures and blurbs about our experiences would be a great way to let parents know about the experience their child had (and precisely what they are paying for!). My husband chaperoned this trip with me last year - below is a picture of us at Montmarcy Falls - a partially frozen waterfall in Quebec City.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea about capturing the trip in an Animoto to share with parents. You can post it on a class blog for parents to see unless you have another way to share it with them. Maybe, some of your students will want to make an Animoto of highlights of the trip and sites they saw. If they do so as a class project, you might consider that for your Literacy Project for our course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristin,

    Hey, I never thought about doing an Animoto for a trip. I might actually go back in my photo files and create one for my kids. Last year we went to Niagara Falls, Cape Cod, Lancaster County, PA (the Amish country), and ARUBA!! I could make one as a tableau or just pick one out. I think it would give me a good indication of how young kids respond to such things.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete