Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Animoto uses?

I watched Beth's animoto at Staying Alive in Room 5. She used it to introduce new vocabulary which is exactly how I plan to use it, so it looked like a good start. I really liked her demonstration of the two meanings of homonymns with pictures, and animoto was a great tool to put it in. I'm actually really looking forward to playing around with animoto and finding uses for it in my classroom.

Personally, I plan on using Animoto for introducing French vocab at the beginning of a unit, and then talking about the definitions and differences in expressions with my students. I'm racking my brain for a way to give students the opportunity to use it themselves. Any ideas? My colleague does a whole section of the year where she has small groups of students teach a unit themselves, but my curriculum doesn't really allow for that. I'd love to find ways for students to use it but in my subject area that can be a bit difficult. Class tends to be quite teacher-driven because students are obviously still learning the beginning stages of language acquisition. Any brainstorming ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment