Saturday, February 16, 2013

I "dig" Diigo!

I believe I have finally arrived at a place where I'm remembering to click the "Diigolet" button, rather than instinctively going for the "Bookmark" tab. I was reluctant to get on board, but I have to admit Diigo is way better! I like that I can easily organize everything so that if I am trying to remember that blog I saw on iPad apps for Education, I don't need to sift through all my bookmarks at once. I can click on the "iPad" label I've created and only look at the few pages I have saved that have to do with iPads. Bookmarking on Firefox does allow you to make folders, but I never remember to. This is much more user-friendly. I also love how it "suggests" labels - I assume it's based on the wording on the page? Half the time I don't need to create any more labels than what it's suggested for me! Here is a link to my Diigo page - it's a bit sparse right now but I plan on using it a lot more!

1 comment:

  1. Cristin,

    I agree that Diigo is very convenient because it allows you to access all of your bookmarks from any computer. The "tag" feature is also very helpful when looking for pages you've tagged. I even used Diigo to tag the page for our EDUC 584 class. At home I was able to access it quickly because I had "bookmarked" it, but during class I always had to go back into my notebook where I had written it down to retype the url. Now I can just log into Diigo and the page is right there!

    ReplyDelete